Current Lab Members
Dr Fan ZhuPostdoc Fellow, firstname.lastname@example.org Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellow (2015-19)
Fan obtained his Bachelor from Huazhong University of Science and Technology and his Master from Delaware (USA). He joined the Lab with a Hong Kong PhD Fellowship in Aug 2015 and earned his PhD in July 2019. He develops novel, alternative particle-based approaches for particle crushing modeling.
Dr Yiqiu ZhaoPostdoc Fellow, email@example.com
Yiqiu joined the Lab as a postdoc in Aug. 2020. He obtained his Ph. D. in physics from Duke University, USA, in May 2020. Yiqiu is interested in understanding the critical behaviors of grains near various non-equilibrium phase transitions and investigating their implications in scenarios that are relevant to engineering problems.
Dr Zhengshou LaiPostdoc Fellow, HKSP Scholar, firstname.lastname@example.org HKSP Scholar(2021-)
Zhengshou joined the Lab as a postdoc research fellow in Feb 2021, co-sponsored by the “Hong Kong Scholars Program”. He obtained his Bachelor degree (2012) from Sun Yat-Sen University, China, and his Ph.D. (2018) from Clemson University. He works on crushable particulate material modeling.
Dr Weijian LiangPostdoc Fellow, email@example.com
Weijian obtained his Bachelor degree from Sun Yat-Sen University. He joined the Lab as Ph.D student in Aug 2016. He defended his Ph.D. thesis on multiscale modeling of large deformation in geomechanics in August 2020, before finishing a half-year research exchange at UC Berkeley. He is now working in the Lab as a postdoc fellow.
Dr Yong KongPostdoc Fellow, firstname.lastname@example.org
Yong obtained his Bachelor's degree from China University of Mining and Technology. He joined the Lab as a Ph.D. student in Aug 2016 and defended his Ph.D. thesis on modeling of geophysical flows interacting with barriers in August 2020. He works in the Lab as a postdoc fellow.
Amiya PrakashPh.D. student, email@example.com
Amiya obtained his Bachelor’s degree from College of Engineering and Technology and MS (By research) from Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India. He joined the Lab in Aug 2016.
Ke ShiPh.D. student, firstname.lastname@example.org Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellow (2019-)
Ke Shi obtained her bachelor degree from Southeast University, China, in July 2018, and joined the Lab as a research student in August 2018. Ke has won a prestigious Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship in 2019. She works on grain crushing.
Tao YuPh.D. student, email@example.com Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellow (2020-)
Tao obtained his bachelor degree from Southeast University in July 2018 as an outstanding graduate, two times recipient of "National Scholarship" and several other prestigious awards. He joined the Geomechanics Lab as a research student in August 2019 and won Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship award in 2020. Tao works on laser-melting 3D printing.
Quan KuPh.D. student, firstname.lastname@example.org
Quan obtained both his bachelor and master degrees from Huazhong University of Science and Technology in July 2020. He joined the Lab as a Ph.d. student in August 2020.
Terry Ho Yin LeungM.Phil. student, email@example.com
Terry obtained his bachelor degree from The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in 2020. He is joining the lab in Aug 2020 to work on debris flow modeling.
- Weijian Liang (PhD, 2020): Thesis Title: "Multiscale modeling of large deformation in geomechanics"
- Yong Kong (PhD, 2020): Thesis Title: "Computational modeling and analysis of multiphase geophysical flows interacting with resisting structures"
- Fan Zhu (PhD, 2019): Thesis Title: "Multiscale modeling of grain crushing in granular media"
- Zhijie Yu (M.Phil, 2019): Thesis Title: "Data-driven approach for DEM-based multiscale modeling of granular media"
- Huanran Wu (PhD, 2018): Thesis Title: "Multiscale modeling of localized deformation in high-porosity granular rocks"
- Xingyue Li (PhD, 2018): Thesis Title: "Computational modeling of debris flows and their interaction with resisting barriers based on a coupled CFD-DEM approach"
- Tong Shan (PhD, 2015): Thesis Title: "Coupled CFD-DEM modeling of fluid-particle interaction in geomechanics"
- Zhaochen Liu (MPhil, 2015): Thesis Title: "Micromechanical study of mechanical behavior of granular media accounting for the role of particle shape"
- Ning Guo (PhD, 2014): Thesis Title: "Multiscale characterization of the shear behavior of granular media". (Now "100-talents Program" Professor and "1000 Young Talents Program" Awardee, Zhejiang University, China<国家青年千人，浙江大学百人计划教授>)
- Jinfeng Wei (MPhil, 2013): Theisis Title: "Experimental Investigation of the Behavior of Fibre-reinforced Sand"
- Zhiwei Gao (PhD, 2012): Thesis Title: "Constitutive Modeling of Anisotropic Behavior in Geomaterials: the Role of Fabric" (Now Senior Lecturer at University of Glasgow)
- Shiwei Zhao (10/2018-10/2020, Hong Kong Scholars Program), now Associate Professor at South China University of Technology
- Huanran Wu (8/2018-1/2020), now "Hongshen Scholar"(弘深青年教师) at Chongqing University, China
- Xiusong Shi (1/2018-7/2019), now professor and "1000 young Talents Program" (国家青年千人) at Hohai University, China
- Xingyue Li (9/2018-6/2019), now postdoc fellow at EPFL
- Huo Fan (9/2016-9/2017)
- Ning Guo (9/2014-9/2016) Now "100-talents Program" Professor and "1000 young Talents Program" Awardee, Zhejiang University, China（国家青年千人，浙江大学百人计划教授)
- Hua Jiang (9/2012-3/2013): Now faculty member at Chang'an University
- Zhiwei Gao (9/2012-6/2013):Now Lecturer at University of Glasgow
- Yuxia Kong (9/2011-8/2012): Now faculty member at Nanjing Institute of Technology
- Guilhem Mollon (10/2011-8/2012): Now Associate Professor at National Institute for Applied Sciences, Lyon, France (visit his homepage)
- Fengtao Liu (3/2011-2/2012): Now Lecturer at Sun Yat-Sen University
- Xiang Wang, visiting Ph.D. student from Central China University (Aug 2018- Aug 2019)
- Jiayan Nie, visiting Ph.D. student from Wuhan University (Dec 2018 - Nov 2019)
- Jichao Lou, visiting research student from Southeast University (Aug-Oct 2019)
- Ajinka Kulkami, visiting research student from IIT Madras (Oct 2016 - Mar 2017)
- Julien Molina, visiting research student from Ecole Nationale Superieure des Mines (2014)